Monday, June 2, 2014

Pentecost June 8, 2014 - The Holy Spirit Before and After Pentecost (Introduction)

Six days to our Pentecost celebration and we'll take a look at a portion each day this week. We'll cover the following:

  •  Introduction
  • The Spirit Of God, the Holy Spirit, Before Pentecost
  • In Preparation For Pentecost
  • Baptism In The Holy Spirit, a New Testament experience
  • The Spirit of God, the Holy Spirit, After Pentecost
  • Conditions For Receiving The Baptism In The Holy Spirit, your empowerment by God

Introduction

God is everywhere (omnipresent) and knows everything (omniscient) through His Spirit.
He fills the Universe


In the picture above we have many galaxies, like our Milky Way

Our own Milky Way is 50,000 Light Years from side to side



Our God is omnipresent and omniscient through His Spirit. (Everywhere present all the time)

Psalm 139 O lord, thou hast searched me, and known me. 
2 Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.
3 Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.
4 For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O Lord, thou knowest it altogether.
5 Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.
7 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
9 If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
10 Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
11 If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me. 
12 Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.

How big is God? 

Here is a downsized picture of Him representing our Creation


Hebrews 1:10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:
11 They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;
12 And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.

He wears the universe like a garment and when it is old He will take it off, fold up, and set it aside, then He will create and put on a new one.

Colossians 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. 17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.

Nothing exists outside of the Holy Spirit. We as humans all consist of tiny atoms like everything else in the universe. The Holy Spirit holds it all together, if He didn't we would simply be an unrecognizable dispersion of millions of atoms.

This same Holy Spirit is the power of Pentecost poured out on all who believe in Him. 




No comments: