Saturday, February 6, 2016

When faced with an immediate crisis do you reach for the Keys of the Kingdom?

Jesus gave us the keys of the kingdom with an expectation; He expected us to use them!


Matthew 16:19 And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”

Matthew 18:18 “Assuredly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.
19 “Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven. 
20 For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.” (Bold emphasis mine)

Summary of uses:
  • Bind - To restrain in any manner (For more see KJD)
  • Loose - To untie or unbind to free from any fastening (For more see KJD)
  •  19 “Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven. 
Imagine

You have been on the road traveling for the past 14 hours, it's 1 am in the morning and your low fuel warning chimed about 15 miles ago. You didn't gas up at the last station you passed 100 miles behind your present location and you see this sign.


To make matters worse you are driving a loaded four wheel drive pickup pulling your family car on a car trailer. 

What are your options?
  • Did you bring along an extra 5 or 10 gallons of gas?
  • Do you have a means of getting gas out of the car on the trailer and into your pickup?
  • Will your Triple A membership pay for a gas delivery at a distance of 100 miles?
  • Do you have cell phone service?
Lets assume your answer to these four questions is 'NO'. Do you have any other ideas on how you will travel the remaining 58 miles on the amount of gas you have left?

What are you going to do? You have no cell service, no friends that you can reach to ask for help and you haven't seen another car or truck on this road since you passed the last gas station.

Did you forget your most important friend, the One who gave His life for you? You don't need a cell phone to reach Him either, so call out to Him!

John 15:15 No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you.

Remember what he said in:

Matthew 18:19 “Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven.

He has added gas to my tank more than once in my lifetime. He loves to show you how well the keys work if you'll just ask Him.

When a crisis or a need arises He wants to be number 1 on your list of options. 

He also enjoys being number 1 on your thank you and praise list.


No comments: