Saturday, January 9, 2016

As a believer you are His disciple

King James Dictionary

Disciple Defined:

A follower an adherent to the doctrines of another. Hence the constant attendants of Christ were called his disciples and hence all Christians are called his disciples, as they profess to learn and receive his doctrines and precepts.



As a believer/disciple what has Jesus asked you to do?
  • Heal the sick
  • Cleanse the lepers
  • Raise the dead
  • Cast out demons
Wow have you done any of these things? As His disciple He gave you power over these things.

Matthew 10:1 And when He had called His twelve disciples to Him, He gave them power over unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease.

Matthew 10:7 And as you go, preach, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’ 
8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.

The Answered Prayer


Matthew 14:12 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.

Jesus Promises Another Helper

Matthew 14:15 “If you love Me, keep My commandments. 
16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 
17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. 
18 I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.

Indwelling of the Father and the Son

Matthew 14:19 “A little while longer and the world will see Me no more, but you will see Me. Because I live, you will live also. 
20 At that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you.
21 He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.”

Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, and cast out demons. In a healthy church these should be part of life in the body as it was when the Book of Acts was recorded; we should be seeing these events in the headlines of Christian publications.

Something must be wrong within the Christian community; I suspect many are too busy with things of this world to find time for building a close friendship with Christ by dwelling in His Word and including Him in our daily activities. Too busy at what cost?

John 15 “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 
2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. 
3 You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. 
4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.
5 “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. 
6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. 
7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. 
8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.

Do you know enough of His Word to recognize truth in the dark days coming? Deception is the greatest danger because the consequences are eternal. 



No comments: