Monday, December 9, 2013

God's People Have Inside Information

Inside the circle is where all the fellowship is; it's where friends gather to chat and plan their day.




If you are outside the circle looking in you are missing out.




You can't enjoy the warmth of friendship until you enter in, so why are you standing outside?

Jesus is my friend, He is from above, I am from below, He is Holy and worthy of my praise and servitude but He invited me into His inner circle and I accepted. In earthly terms there aren't words that can describe it, some experiences just leave you speechless. Being in the presence of the most Holy God is earth shaking, in the inner circle it is wonderful beyond words but from the outside looking in it can be intimidating! 

Those who are His are His friends.

John 15:9 “As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. 
10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.
11 “These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. 
12 This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. 
13 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. 
14 You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. 
15 No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you. 
16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you.
17 These things I command you, that you love one another.
(Bold highlight is mine)

When I first met Him I was on my face filled with fear and trembling unable to move under the power of His presence! I was a sinner of sinners, He knew it and all my secrets were laid out before Him with no place to hide. I couldn't utter a sound as He reviewed my actions that led to this meeting and I knew I was guilty and worthy of conviction. I was condemned by my own actions to experience what I had dished out in life FOREVER! I can't tell you how scary that was, there aren't words to describe it. Then He said ...

I have come to offer you this last invitation to enter in with Me and accept My gift of Eternal Life, the choice is yours but you must choose now! At this point I was able to speak and I asked Him if I could have a few minutes to think about it; He said yes but your decision will be final...

My rebellion had turned my life into chaos and made a basket case out of me and when looking back now I can hardly believe I asked for time to think about my options. When you are under the influence of darkness making decisions, especially a decision of this magnitude is not easy. After a few minutes...

I broke down in tears of repentance and accepted His offer of forgiveness; at that moment it felt like a lightening bolt started in my feet and exploded out the top of my head and I was free and alive!

Today, 40+ years later He calls me His friend and as His friend I know what is ahead for all of us. As a child I was religious, as a young adult I was rebellious, and now I have moved from a religion to a relationship.

Is He calling you to a meeting? Move quickly time is short and He wants you in the inner circle as His friend. How many other friends do you have that have laid down their life for you? 


Religion = Bondage     Relationship =  Freedom

Religion Defined:  Religion is an organized system of beliefs, ceremonies, and rules used to worship a god or a group of gods.

Relationship Defined: A relationship is a way in which two or more people, groups, countries, etc., talk to, behave toward, and deal with each other.


This is a religion


This is a relationship


Discover freedom and discover friendship by reading the Gospel of John.


No comments: